VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES LANSING MI
"It is at the most humble works that is your place and mine … Because there will be many people to do the big things, but very few will do the small ones." -Mother Teresa
To provide a home and care for terminally ill people who live alone or do not have the care they need during their last days of life. This is provided at no charge to our guests and priority is given to those in greatest need.
What do our volunteers say?
The ministry: begun by Catholics and inspired by Mother Teresa, cherishes each person as a child of God while welcoming those of any faith to join us in serving.
Volunteers serve in our home in downtown Lansing doing whatever is needed including:
- answering the phone
- helping in the office
- providing personal care and presence to our guests
No special skills are needed to take advantage of our volunteering opportunities. An ability to embrace the mission, commitment to working as part of a group and openness to learning and to growing in selfless service are necessary.
To become a Community Volunteer, you can fill out our Service Application.
For more information on full-time positions and volunteering for elderly, visit the Live-In Volunteer page.
Volunteers from the community are encouraged to serve by giving of their time to minister to our guests.
- four to six-hour shifts
- committed 12 hours or more per month
- provide care and presence for the guests
- doing whatever else is needed in the home
- Training is provided.
Like to find out more?
Our orientations provide additional information for deciding about volunteering.
Ready to become a Community Volunteer?
Fill out our Service Application.
Both Service Orientation and Practical Skills Workshop are necessary for service at Mother Teresa House.
UPCOMING SERVICE ORIENTATION
- Monday, September 24, 2018 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Make a well-informed decision about volunteering by attending Orientation.
UPCOMING PRACTICAL SKILLS WORKSHOP
- Part I Friday, October 26 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Part II Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- After attending Orientation, volunteers need this workshop before beginning their service.
To sign up for an Orientation or Practical Skills Workshop, please contact Mother Teresa House at 517-484-5494 or fill out the form below:
Contact us Today!
Primary Communities Served